Saturday, December 13, 2008

4 and 30 years old!

Happy Birthday Kyson!
On Tuesday December 9th, Kyson turned 4 years old! I can't believe how fast he is growing up! His dimpled smile always brightens up my day. He is such a loving tender hearted little boy. I thank my Heavenly Father every day that I get to be his Mommy! Kyson is always into helping me right now. He decided that he wanted to take star cupcakes to school for his birthday. He helped me frost and decorate them all!
Into helping again, Kyson helped Daddy burn the edges of his birthday party invitations.
Kyson decided that he wanted a Pirate Party, so we made pirate ship invitations.
Kyson's aunt Suzie made all of these cute pirate signs to decorate for his party. This one was at the front door for everyone to see as they came to the party!
Colin, Caleb, Kyson, Savanah and Damon all listening to a pirate story. If they listened close they would all learn how to become a pirate!
After the story ended we heard a knock at the door. We all ran to see what it was and what do you know, there was a treasure map left at the front door by a real live pirate! Everyone gathered around to see where they should go.
Off they went to find their treasure!
They found the treasure chest in Kyson's bedroom filled with pirate gear and silver and gold.
I think that they have all turned into pirates!
Even little Camree wanted to join in the fun.
Later we had a pirate pinata!
Kyson
Caleb
Savanah was the only girl but she held her own with all of these boys. Kyson kept his eyes open because he has already claimed Savanah as his!
Opening presents, we played heavy, heavy hangover!
Kyson wanted a pirate ship birthday cake. There are 4 candles coming out of the cannons! I was pretty proud of myself that I made this. I do have to give credit to Rob for the ships flags.
Kyson waiting to blow out his candles! His birthday party was so much fun. We also played cannon ball blast, where the kids knocked down some blocks with cannon balls and pin the flag on the treasure map. Kyson loved it and I think most of the kids did as well.
Happy Birthday to me! The day of Kyson's party was also the day of my 30th birthday! Crazy I am getting old! After the party we went to dinner with the fam and then Jr babysat the kids while we went to the BYU basketball game. It was a fun day and I wouldn't have wanted to spend it any other way than with my family! Rob and I were going to go on a weekend getaway to Vegas but it was too crazy around the holidays so we are going to go in Jan instead. Even though I am getting old I am thankful for a happy, healthy life!

7 comments:

The Ray Family said...

You're such an awesome mom... I'm glad Savannah could come to the party. She talked about it for days after!

Kristi said...

LOVE the party invitations and activities. So so so fun! And happy birthday to you as well! You look gorgeous!

Leah said...

What a fun party! I am impressed. Sorry spencer couldn't be there. And being 30 really isn't that bad :)

Chris & Breanne Coccimiglio said...

That was so cute! you did such a good job putting that all together! I am impressed to by the cake. Way to go! Oh and you still one hot spring chick so don't worry! :)

J.R. said...

That cake was awesome!!! What a fun party you gave for Kyson.

No matter what my bro. says keep taking these pictures. I love to see them and by the way 30 is not old :) I love the 30s.

Oh and the picture of Camree with a patch really cracked me up. The expression on her face hahaha.

Carma Lee said...

Such a fun party! Everything was so cute. Never say you aren't creative - you did great on it all! Loved all the pictures. You're right; you won't be sorry you have them. They'll bring lots of joy in years to come as well as now! And J.R. is right, 30 is not old! (Try imagining 60!)

Rebecca and Nick said...

What a fun party! I'll have to remember those ideas. Good job on he cake, too!