Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy New Year!

This New Years Eve we decided not to fight the crowds and stayed home. Kyson got to pick a "special dinner" for him and Camree. He chose Dino chicken nuggets, Mandarin oranges, string cheese and root beer to drink! Oh the simple life of a child! Rob and I, my Mom and Dad, Sarah and Greg, and Suzie all decided to fix dinner at my Mom and Dad's.
As for the adults, Dino chicken nuggets would not do. Our "special dinner" included; shrimp cocktail and jalapeno artichoke dip, for appetizers, king crab legs (they were huge!), top sirloin steak, garlic mashed potatoes, sauteed mushrooms, and asparagus. All I have to say is yum, yum, yum! I don't remember what we had for dessert. We were so stuffed on crab that we didn't even eat it hence, I can't remember what it was.
Holding our gigantic King Crab Legs! Kyson thought they were so cool but he would not eat "real live crab!"
Kyson and Sarah
Kyson was Suzie's date for the night. Here they are cuddled up watching a movie.
Sarah and Greg decked out in their New Year gear.
I can't believe the year is over! We made so many wonderful memories as a family this year and can't wait to see what 2009 has in store for us. Happy New Year!

6 comments:

Emilee said...

those are massive legs! wow! the food sounds great! i think i need to follow JR and join your family!

Kristi said...

So fun! Sounds yummy, relaxing, and fun! We were so so so boring this year. We painted all day and night the day before, so we were TIRED. We didn't even stay up until midnight. So embarrassing. We were up until 3 AM the night before though...

brooke said...

You have fun traditions! That New year's Dinner sounded so yummy. I think I had a sandwich. I love the picture of Camree with her papa at Christmas. Too cute.

Carma Lee said...

Yum! Yum!

Marni Bown said...

Deluxe meal. I need the recipe. It looks so good and like you hd so much fun.

Caralee said...

Holy Cow that sounds delicious! I'm coming to your place for new year's next year!