Monday, February 9, 2009

New Beginnings All-stars Yea!

Last Wednesday we had New Beginnings. Can I just scream yea, now that it is over! Any one else in YW knows what I am talking about. This year we had an NBA theme. We copied my Moms ward. It is so nice to be able to share ideas. It was so much fun and the girls loved it.
The cheerLEADERS, Kristen, Holly, Korie, Lindsey and me. We all dressed up as cheerleaders and we even did a cheer, with a stunt might I add. You should all be laughing because it was pretty comical! Suzanne and Teri couldn't be there that night and we definitely missed them.
We had hot dogs, nachos, grapes, popcorn and ice cream sandwiches for dessert. We tried to stick with the typical concession foods.
Hannah sang the National Anthem for our opening song.We had eight tables decorated in all the different value colors. They turned out pretty cute.
The night was a lot of work but was so much fun. I am so glad that I get to serve with these girls they make it so much fun!(I couldn't put ladies that sounds to old!) So to anyone out there that hasn't done New Beginnings here is a great idea!

8 comments:

Lara said...

Looks like tons of fun! glad you could be done! Great idea

Kristi said...

That looks like a ton of fun. But aside from that, you're looking stinkin' good girlfriend! Holy cow!

Robin D said...

That is such a cute idea. I already passed it on to our YW's president...hopefully it's not too late! And you do look great Corinne!

Carma Lee said...

They're right - Miss Slim! Did the cheering bring back happy memories? We're cheering as each day passes - see you soon! (How cool you get to help at the Temple today. Enjoy!)

Chris & Breanne Coccimiglio said...

That turned out so cute! I love it! I wish I could of seen the cheer and the stunt. SO funny! :)

Angelle said...

It looks like you guys did a great job. Nice work!

Blondie Blues said...

I just got out of YW and now I am the Enrichment Counselor in RS. The ALL STAR theme is so cute and I think I could even do something like this for the RS. Thanks for the cute idea. It's always nice to see what others do.
I love the picture of camree with the millions of bows in her hair... that is hillarious. Love that your little guy said that the more bows the prettier; what a KID thing to say. Love these little MINDS, they are too cute and keep life happy and exciting. Have a good day!

Caralee said...

It looks like it was a blast for everyone involved!