Monday, February 2, 2009

Parking anyone?

Since we live in the Draper Temple district our stake has been asked to help with the open house. Two weeks ago Rob volunteered to help and was asked to help show people where to park. I figured that this is something that doesn't happen every day, so the kids and I drove up to the Temple to take some pictures and say hi to Dad. Rob was thrilled!
I tried to get him to point at me where to park for a picture but he didn't appreciate that! You have got to love a man in uniform even if it is only an orange vest with the Temple in the back ground!
Daddy saying hi to the kids. I am so glad that we drove up there. It got Kyson so excited to go and see the inside of Temple. We haven't been to the open house yet, but we are going soon and are so excited to have this new Temple right in our backyard!

11 comments:

Kristi said...

That is seriously fun! The temple is gorgeous, and Rob's lookin' pretty fly in that orange vest. Love the walkie talkie too! So fun! That snowy mountain is pretty too. I miss having a little bit of the winter!

Robin D said...

That's so funny. And Rob does look pretty handsome in orange! I wish we were there to go to the open house too. I remember being so excited when they announced it!

Auburn said...

that is funny. the vest suits him quite nicely.

Rebecca and Nick said...

So cute! I bet that was fun for he kids!

Powell Family said...

They let Rob get that close to the temple? :)

Anne said...

Love the vest but the dimples are stealing the show! I read about a study once that said that people with dimples are more successful in life. I bet he could tell people to park two miles away and they'd just say, "Thanks so much!" The temple is beautiful- how close is it to your house?

Emilee said...

we are going friday at 6 or 7. you guys want to come with? i am excited. maybe we will come visit you after if we dont go with anyone...

Carma Lee said...

Anne's right on about the dimples. Rob charmed me from day one with his dimpled smile! We're excited to go inside the Temple; it's been fun watching the progress each time we're up. I read about the volunteer helpers and such in the Church News. Glad he (and you through him) got to be a part of that. Carlee and Lily are always telling me they are going to the Temple when they get married. This morning Carlee said she was going to wear a pink dress! :o)

Grant and Alli said...

Look at him!! what a nice guy..
See ya on Friday!:) Fridays are the BEST.

Chris & Breanne Coccimiglio said...

How cute! That was nice of him to do! I know we haven't gone yet but we want to. Chris' family is going when we are out of town :(. We should get our family to go! :)

Marni Bown said...

He looks so official in the uniform. You might have to save that for later.:)