Saturday, December 12, 2009

Snakes Alive Kyson is Turning Five!

Kyson wanted a snake birthday party. I got these snakes at the dollar store and there you have it, a snake invitation.
Kyson wanted a snake cake that had stripes. We got the rope licorice and I let him put on the stripes. He did a pretty good job!
Opening presents. He saw this hat at the dollar store and wanted to have it to wear at his party, but was a little upset because there weren't any snakes on it. So we got this snake at the store, glued it on and there you go the problem is fixed!

We went on a snake hunt, dug in a snake pit for money, ate cake and then a special guest (Scales and Tails) showed up to give us our very own reptile show! The kids loved it!
He showed us a tarantula,
scorpion,
and even put it in his mouth!
Kyson got to be the reptile guys assistant and help hold the reptile he was talking about. They gave him the t-shirt he is wearing and had him put on a safari hat. It was cute. Here is a millipede.
This is Sausage, a lizard with really short legs. If you look close you can see them.
Next he brought out what he called a small, mean lizard. I didn't think he was that small! He told the kids how these lizard will always bite you no matter what. I think it was a Minotaur lizard.
This is why he thought the other one was small because this is the same lizard it is just about 3 times the size! Check out the claws on that thing! There is a reason I don't like reptiles!
He had the lizard give uncle Greg a kiss. Good thing it wasn't me!
The first little bitty snake. Too bad they didn't stay that size!
A bigger red snake.
An even bigger boa constrictor snake!
He told Kyson that he would need these gloves for the next snake just in case he tried to bite him. It didn't even phase Kyson, he put on the gloves and was ready to go. Luckily he was just kidding!
He brought out Charlie Brown another boa constrictor who is supposedly one of their nicest snakes!
Next was Pancake the turtle.
And last but not least was a 10 ft. boa constrictor. Uncle Greg volunteered to hold this guy! Just looking at this one gives me the crepes!
After everyone got to hold all of the reptiles that were in the show except for the mean lizards. Papa hates snakes but we got him to hold one!
Camree wouldn't hold a snake but we got her to pet one.
Even Grandma and Grandpa took a turn.


We finally got Camree to hold the millipede. The reptile show was a hit! The kids loved it and all took turns holding something. It was really reasonable and the guy was there for about an hour and 15 minutes. The kids didn't want him to leave. It was so worth the money!
After Kyson's friends left we did presents with the family. My birthday was the next day so SWEET Kyson wanted to share his birthday with me and have us both open presents on the same day! So that is what we did!
Kyson wanted to get me roses and perfume for my birthday. How cute is he!
Camree shared some of her lip stick with me because "We are princess's!" Don't you love that kissy face! Kyson's party was so much fun and as a mom I couldn't think of a better way to spend my birthday than sharing it with my little man!

10 comments:

Auburn said...

maybe it's just cause i'm pregnant, but oh my gosh, I'm like barfing just looking at those creatures. i'm glad kyson loved it though~

Grant and Alli said...

Corinne That is such a cute idea, what a cool party!!! Your kids are so cute:) Love ya..

Carma Lee said...

What a perfect little boy party! Good job, Mom.

KDSteck said...

You are a brave woman, what we do for out kids. I don't think I could let snakes in my house. Looks like it was a really fun party though

Shey said...

I don't think he'll forget this party! It does look like it was the perfect boy party! SO FUN! Of course, I would've been freaking out, but obviously he loved it. The cake turned out SO adorable. It looks like it was such a fun party! I love that Kyson wanted to give you perfume and roses! That is too cute. What a ladies man.

LaNell said...

How the heck do you find a snake guy for a five year old party? Boys are so different than girls. You're a good little momma to go along with that dream. It's amazing what we will do for our kids, and love doing!

Rommel and Christy said...

Wow! You are a very brave woman! Happy Birthday! Lets do lunch soon...i am sad that i missed u this week at Sands!

Kristi said...

All I have to say is SICK! You're brave. Holy cow. I might have nightmares. Ha ha.

J.R. said...

What an awesome looking birthday party :)

Emilee said...

oh my! that is one "nasty" party! wow! cute cake. i love all your christmas pics too! we loved haning the other night...why is it so hard to get together! my house next time -k-! love ya!