Thursday, April 8, 2010

Drae's Little Protector

This little guy is as sweet as they come! Lately his big thing has been to protect and take care of Drae. The other day we were at play group and we had Drae because we were baby sitting her. Drae was in the stroller and the kids were taking turns pushing her around the gym at the church. It was Kyson's turn and I look and he had put Drae in front of a table, he was on top of the table behind her and all of his little friends were sitting on the ground looking at both of them. I moved closer so I could here what Kyson was saying without him noticing that I was listening. This is what I heard,"This is the deal with Drae, she has sixty-five roses(Cystic Fibrosis). She get's bugs really easy in her throat(lungs) and it is hard for her to get them out. So you always have to use hanitizer(hand sanitizer) on your hands before you touch her, OK? So if you want to touch her, go to my Mom and she will give you some hanitizer." It was so cute to hear him telling all of his friends about her in his words. A little later a little boy came running over to Drae and Kyson stepped right in front of him and said,"Don't you touch my cousin with your dirty hands!" He is such a good cousin and is so conscious of Drae and her needs. Whenever she comes over he is all about the Lysol and helps me spray stuff down.
Here he made a little "clean circle" so that she wouldn't crawl around and get the germs from the floor.
Then the kids climbed in to play with her.
He loves to read stories to Drae and makes up stuff to go with every page.
She loves the stories just as much and will sit there and listen to him for quite a while. Thanks Bubba for being such a good cousin. I love you little man!

6 comments:

Kristi said...

This is so cute! I sure miss you guys! Can't wait to see you this summer. Big as I'll be, we'll have to spend every minute in that pool! When you coming again?

Carma Lee said...

How sweet! Such a kind heart!

J.R. said...

That is so sweet and I love the sixty-five roses :)

Lara said...

Our boys are really tender (pushovers) like their dads! He's such a sweet guy! I love the 65 roses! excited to see you this summer too. hugs.

Anne said...

Oh this is so sweet! Kyson is such a good boy to take such good care of his little cousin. Love the pics, too!

Bianca said...

http://savebianca.blogspot.com/2010/04/eu-sunt-bianca