Sunday, April 4, 2010

St. Patrick's Day

The Sunday before St. Patrick's Day a Leprechaun came to Neema's and Papa's house, left a pot of gold and turned our dinner green. We had green punch, asparagus, green jello, and green mashed potatoes! We were all excited for St. Patrick's Day!
Happy St. Patrick's Day! The kids were so excited to wear green!

Outside waiting for Daddy to come home. You'll see why later....





So I am glad that I am the best Mom in the world and had my 5 year old almost in tears because all of his friends had Leprechauns come to their house and he wondered why they didn't come to ours! What the......why didn't anyone tell me this! I knew I had to think fast. That is when I told him that Leprechauns are afraid of dogs and that Daddy found a letter with a bunch of stuff in his car. The letter said that they tried to come into our house but Brighton was growling at them and they were too scared. So they left all of their stuff in Daddy's car. "Oh," said Kyson, "We better write them a note next year and let them know that we put Brighton in your room so they will come into our house." Sounds like a plan to me!

Besides our little mishap we had a fun day! I will definitely be more prepared next year! Happy Green day!

7 comments:

Carma Lee said...

How fun - green mashed potatoes! Reminds me of the green pancakes and waffles we always ate with green milk. Never could make myself die the sausage green though :)

Marni Bown said...

That was partly my fault with all the chat at playgroup. Looks like the Leprachauns were more generous with the treats at your house. lol

Lara said...

don't worry...the leprachauns don't visit us either! your kids look too cute in their green!

J.R. said...

I've never heard of the leprechauns visiting peoples houses, but it sounds like a fun thing to do and you are a super mom to think so quick on your feet :)

The kids look adorable in their green and who know so many treats came colored green.

The Ray Family said...

I think the Leprechauns only come to your neighborhood!! Thank goodness! I don't think I could do another holiday with treats!!

Blondie Blues said...

So CUTE in GREEN! Happy 11 years...what an accomplishment! Love catching up, you always have such fun posts!

Shey said...

Haha! I didn't know leprechauns visited anyone!