Sunday, April 11, 2010

Spring Soccer

Spring soccer is here again and I have to admit this year is going to be A LOT more fun last year. Let's just say that last year they didn't win one game, they only scored like 7 goals all season, they would rather be chasing butterflies than playing soccer, and they told us it was not nice to not take turns when we told them it was always their turn to kick the ball! This year compared to last year is like night and day. It is like it all clicked in their little brains. They are super aggressive and will actually dribble the ball down the field, if they fall down they get back up and keep running like nothing has happened, they fight to stay in the game, and they WON their first game 8-1! They scored more goals in their first game than they did all season last year! I guess that is what happens when you go from 4 to 5.
Of coarse they have their little cheerleaders again! Don't you worry little "cheer leading" outfits will be coming shortly.
Kyson is #6.
I don't think that there is anything cuter than my 5 year old in his soccer uniform.
Eating half-time treats with his team. Was a fav last year and is still a fav this year.
Celebrating with some of his team after they scored a goal. This picture kills me he is getting so big! He must of just had a growth spurt because he was one of the biggest kids out there. He is such a big kid!

That's the way we like it, knock down your opponent and steal the ball from him, GO KYSON! Ha, we are not that competitive, maybe? Keep up the good work Kyson we are so proud of you!

3 comments:

J.R. said...

Go Kyson! I can't wait till I'm not working a Saturday, so I can come watch and see the difference from last year. It is great to see from the photos that they are still having fun too.

Lara said...

oh yeah! they're doing great! I love soccer.

Carma Lee said...

Soccer was always my favorite of our 5 sons sports activities. I love Kyson's socks over the knees :) Wish we could come to a game too!