Thursday, December 2, 2010

Presley Rae Ellingson

She is FINALLY here!
Born at 4:58 a.m., weighed 6 lbs. 13 oz., 19 inches long.
I know that I shouldn't be complaining because she was actually due on December 19, and came 2 1/2 weeks early, but it was not easy to get her here! I went into the Dr.'s on Monday and when he checked me I was dilated to a 4 and was 50% thinned. So I asked him if he would strip my membranes to get things started and he did. From then until Wednesday night I was contracting off and on. I would be contracting for a good 2 hours 5 mins apart, would get ready to go to the hospital and then they would stop! So annoying! By then I had had it. I talked to one of my friends whose father in law is a retired OB, who actually delivered me, and she said to go to the hospital my father in law said they won't send you home. I had been contracting for a couple hours again so we packed up the kids, took them to my sister's to spend the night and drove to the hospital. What do you know as soon as I get there the contractions stopped. By this time there was no way I was going back home this baby was coming out! They checked me and said I was a 4.5 and 75% thinned. They said as long as I was progressing they would not send me home. So what did I do I walked and walked and walked! I even out walked my husband! That was the only thing that kept my contractions going! After a couple of hours of walking they decided to admit me and get me into a room. By now my contractions were pretty strong and stuck around when I stopped walking. Thank heavens my back was killing me! This was all new to me because with my other two my water broke, I came in, they put me on putossum, and I let it do all of the work while I sat in bed waiting for the epidural. This walking was torture but I was determined to get this baby out! Finally after being at the hospital for 5 hours, walking off and on, they broke my water. That was all it took. I got my epidural and a few minutes later I was ready to push. The only down side to everything going so fast in the end was I could feel a lot. The anesthesiologist said that when your body moves so fast the drugs have a hard time keeping up. Luckily there was only a couple minutes of pushing and she was here!
She swallowed a lot of fluid so they had to suck it all out to get her breathing good. Luckily that was all it took and she didn't need to be on oxygen like Camree did.



I was so ready for her to be here. Having a 3 1/2 year span between her and Camree really made me baby hungry and anxious for her to be here! I couldn't get enough of her!

Is there anything better than your brand new baby laying on your chest! I don't think so!

Time for her first bath. Rob is so funny he doesn't like to give our kids their first bath so he let's the nurse do it while he takes the pictures.





Warming up under the heat lamps after her bath.
Back to Momma all clean.
After that Rob left to go and pick up the kids so that they could come and meet their new sister. I had a few hours by myself with little Presley and LOVED every minute of it.



As soon as the kids got there Camree couldn't wait to hold her.


Kyson was funny at first he didn't want to hold her but once he did he would not put her down.
I am so glad these girlies have their big brother to take care of them!
There is nothing like a baby strait from heaven! Welcome to the world little Presley. We have patiently been waiting for you and are so glad you are here!

4 comments:

Auburn said...

Yeah! Finally more pictures! What a sweet precious little girl! I want to hold her! I hope I get to hold for a just a bit sometime soon ;o)

And - I'm with Rob - let the nurses do the first bath and get all the gunk cleaned off . . . ha ha.

Auburn said...

Yeah! Finally more pictures! What a sweet precious little girl! I want to hold her! I hope I get to hold for a just a bit sometime soon ;o)

And - I'm with Rob - let the nurses do the first bath and get all the gunk cleaned off . . . ha ha.

Lara said...

OH...love the pics. She is so stinkin' precious.

Carma Lee said...

Sweet! Sweet! Sweet! Nothing like a new babe. I love the awe and wonder plus love that oozes from big brother and sister. What a blessed little Presley to be born into your family!