Saturday, August 16, 2008

Silver Lake

For family night we decided to go to Silver Lake. Rob has decided that he is going to make a list of everything that he wants to do in the mountains before the summer is over. He says that every year at the end of the summer we complain that we didn't spend enough time in the mountains. He decided to make this list so that the same thing won't happen again and Silver Lake was our first stop. It was so beautiful and Kyson loved hiking around! I can't believe I have lived here my entire life and never remember coming here before.

Here is Camree in the Hiking backpack. It is actually pretty comfortable to wear and the kids love it!


By the time we left it was starting to get pretty cold so Camree and I had to stay warm in our hoodies. It was such a fun night and I am glad, despite my protest, that Rob talked me into going!

10 comments:

Lara said...

The pics are beautiful! I'm so glad you guys can get out and have fun! I think our hubbies are from the same mold...oh wait, they are?!

Chris & Breanne Coccimiglio said...

That looks fun! Why weren't we invited...Jk. Ya Chris and I always plan things for summer and don't do it. This summer we have gotten better though! I'm excited for a yummy dinner tonight at the Steak Pit! See Ya Later LOng!:)

Leah said...

How fun!! great inspirations. it is strange that we can live so close to such beautiful mountains and not take better advantage. I think you have inspired me to get out and enjoy it more. Cute Blog!!

Susanne said...

I can't believe that you have never been to silver lake before. Did you see any moose? There are always moose up there. That picture of you and camree with your hoodies on is SO dang cute.

Grant and Alli said...

Such a cute family!! I'm so glad we will all be working together on Fridays! That makes me excited to come back...See ya on Friday:)
P.S. Dinner was fun, did ya tell Rob he missed out on a good show?

Susanne said...

Its called "the kissing hand"

J.R. said...

I can't believe how green it is still up there. I'm going to have to go check it out too. I've neglected going up into the mountains this year.

Carma Lee said...

How beautiful! Next time we visit lets go there. We loved the ride up Big Cottonwood Canyon when we were there in July. Let's do tinfoil dinners and a marshmallow roast!

Emilee said...

i have never heard of that lake! thanks for inviting us, but we were busy that night! ;) jk! we seriously need to get together! adam and i do the same complaining when september comes! we will here in a few weeks...again!

Powell Family said...

I love your blog. I'm so glad that we swaped blog addresses. This is a much, much, better way a keeping in touch. The whole seeing you semi-annually just wasn't cutting it. This is much more fun!