Sunday, August 31, 2008

$12.00 Flowers!


Ok, so I know that I am a total dork for blogging about my flowers but I couldn't help it. They are so beautiful and only cost us $12.00! This spring, anytime we saw flowers Kyson would tell me that we needed flowers at our house. Well, I didn't want to spend the money to plant flowers this year but I felt bad because Kyson wanted flowers so bad! So, we were at home depot one day and I saw the seed packets and I thought hey, maybe we should give these a try. We bought six packs of seeds, planted them and this was our result. They have grown like crazy and have actually grown taller than our three burning bush plants. So if there are any of you out there who are wondering if you should give seeds a try, I would definitely say yes! We now plan to plant seeds every year!






Look the flowers are the same height as Kyson!



Playing in the dirt while I admire my flowers.




8 comments:

Blondie Blues said...

Corrine, Hey, it's Deborah F. T. Thanks for the comment on my blog! It's so fun to catch up with your cute, cute family. Looks like life is GOOD and busy! Lets keep in touch... I am going to add you to my fellow bloggers. Have a GOOD one!

Lara said...

I don't think it's dorky! Those are beautiful! Maybe next year we'll have to drop $12! Hugs

Emilee said...

good to know, i debate that every year and have never done it!
ok, we have to wait till september is over, we have crap everyweekend! our ward is going insane right now! maybe we should try a week night...

J.R. said...

The look even better in person. Great choice.

Carma Lee said...

I remember when I was up there a few weeks ago and you wondered if they would truly bloom because they were just looking like sprouting weeds. They've done great! As you know I always have a flower bed and I've got tons of pictures I've taken of them through the years - they're beautiful so why not!

Anne said...

They look beautiful Corinne- you're making me miss Utah! The kids look so cute, too!

Chris & Breanne Coccimiglio said...

Ya I am totally taking you advice and getting seeds next year! They look like you spent alot of money in your yard! I love the pics of your kids in the dirt! Ok I finally updated my blog and I'm gonna try to stay up to date!:) Love Ya Sis!

Kristi said...

Who you calling a dork? I've totally blogged about my flowers before! :o) They are so pretty! And what cute kiddos you have that probably LOVED getting down and dirty while you planted. :o) So fun!