Wednesday, September 3, 2008

The Alpine Loop

On Saturday we were all feeling a bit under the weather and we were tired of being cooped up in the house so we got in the car to go for a drive. We hadn't driven the Alpine Loop in years so we decided that we would go and check it out. I forgot how pretty that drive is. We definitely need to take the motorcycles on that drive before winter gets here!

All cozy with blankets ready for the drive.
This was our first stop on our drive. Behind Kyson is the back side of Timpanogos.
Kyson took this picture of Camree all by himself!

Cascade Springs

While we were driving we saw a sign for Cascade Springs. I asked Rob if he knew what it was. He didn't and neither did I so we went to check it out. It ended up being pretty cool. It is where a spring comes out of the ground and it has formed all of these little waterfalls and pools. They have built little wooden walkways all around the spring so that you can walk throughout it. The water is crystal clear and makes you want to drink it! The kids loved walking around and it gave their legs a nice little stretch!


Camree did not want to stop walking to take a picture. Such a happy face!



Bridal Veil Falls

Our last stop on our little road trip was Bridal Veil Falls. We have driven by it many times but have never stopped. Every time we pass Kyson loves to look at the waterfall. Kyson thought it was so cool to get out and look at the big waterfall. At the bottom there is a shallow pool that people were swimming in. Kyson was very disapponted that he didn't have his swimsuit and that he couldn't go swimming. I guess that will have to be on the list for next year. It was a fun little drive and it kept us all from going crazy from being inside too long!

6 comments:

Chris & Breanne Coccimiglio said...

Wow! Wrong You are on top of it! I am totally behind on my bloggin and you are totally making me look bad! That looks fun! Why didn't we get invited! Jk Ha ha. You should of stayed at Mom's longer...It was a blast...You totally missed out!:)

Carma Lee said...

Beautiful! I've taken that drive a few times with my Mom, but it's been years. Never stopped at Cascade Springs. Next time we come up take us there. Love ya!

The Days said...

Are you guys hippies? Maybe treehuggers? Landon wishes he was a part of your family, so he could be outside visiting these pretty places!

I am excited for our disco party tonight!!

Lara said...

so much fun, and i'm totally dyin' over camree standing up on that rock! so cute!

Kristi said...

It totally kills me to see you guys doing so many fun things together as a family. I feel like my house has taken over almost all of our free family time. We are so excited for the fall and to get our lives back! Your post made me miss my "home". I love that canyon. We often drive it between general conference sessions. So beautiful!

Tiffani Mills said...

You guys are quite active - hiking, laking, etc - looks like so much fun - great memories as a fam. Your kiddos are so cute.
I dont know why but I decided to tag you on my blog if you want- sorry!