Friday, September 26, 2008

I am a Child of God

Last Sunday it was Kyson's primary program. The theme was I am a child of God. It was so cute to watch him. He got embarrassed when he saw everyone look at him so he closed his eyes and thought, hey nobody can see me now. His part in the program was, "I am a child of God and he knows my name is Kyson Ellingson." This is what we heard, "I am a child of God Kyson Ellingson." His precious face beamed as he spoke into the microphone! I am just glad he didn't say his part the way he did when he was practicing, "I am a child of God and he knows my name is Shakacan!" Don't ask me where he came up with that. He also held this family picture up with all of the other sunbeams during the song I love to see the Temple. So cute! At the end of the program the primary kids sang I am a child of God. Tears welled up in my eyes as I was so thankful to have such a precious child of God. It was such a good day to be a proud Mom. So many family members came to support Kyson which made the day even more special. Thanks everybody!

8 comments:

Chris & Breanne Coccimiglio said...

Kyson did such a good job! It was cute to see him embarrassed. He never like that. It was so fun to be there. Last night was so fun...That is what it will be like when we have kids and I was exhausted after. :)JK

Marni Bown said...

He was so cute at the program. I loved how he was waving his family picture around proudly. So cute!

Carma Lee said...

How sweet! I remember when J.R. was Kyson's age and he sang a solo, I Am A Child of God, in Sacrament Mtg. First child, first time experiencing that as a parent - so sweet and it felt the same each with each one. You have lots of tender moments ahead - parenthood is great!!!

Emilee said...

so cute and sweet! i think i have that same flower in camree's hari too! anyway, my mom is coming up this week and dad gets here thursday night. would you guys like to come over sometime this weekend for real?? friday is elisha's party, you could come for that, or maybe after priesthood, rob could join my fam too, you could come over, or sunday night too...or thursday, whatever you want! call me!

Lara said...

so stinkin' cute! Wish I was there to see him. I planned our program and had to talk after all the kids did their thing, and I just totally bawled the WHOLE time...I loved this theme, and that boy is pretty special too...

Robin D said...

So cute! I'm jealous Kaiden isn't there with all of his buddies! He loves singing all the songs though.
I love fall in Utah but I'll enjoy being in Louisiana for the winter!
You're family is too cute!

Kristi said...

Oh, I love primary programs. I even went to church last week to see mine! I can't wait to have one of my own in it! I guess it'll have to do for now that the whole primary is sort of "mine". :o)

Ben and Kira Olsen said...

Primary programs are the best. I love that he closed his eyes. He cracks me up, what a little stud muffin.