Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Donut Falls and a Cowboy Wedding!

On Saturday our family adventure took us to Donut Falls. I hadn't been there since the rock slide that happened there years ago. I barely recognized it. It is so sad you can barely see the part of the waterfall that goes through the rock and there is no way that you can go under it. You can hike up the rocks and get closer but we weren't about to try it with the kids. So we watched from below. The weather right now is perfect for hiking. I decided to carry Camree this time and I made it the whole way. I was pretty excited. Right as we were walking to the parking lot Camree biffed it and scuffed her lip and Kyson touched poison ivy with his leg! We almost made without an incident but not quite. It was still nice to get out of the house and enjoy the mountains before we can't anymore.




There is nothing better than a good old fashioned cowboy wedding! That night we went to Gaylynn's (my cousin) wedding up at Nancy and Kieth's cabin. The wedding was so fun everyone was in blue jeans and cowboy boots!


Sarah and Kyson.

As we were leaving we saw a mommy moose and her baby come down to a little stream to get a drink. We stopped and watched for a couple of minutes and Kyson was in heaven! We crept the car forward as close as we could until they ran off. It was a great way to end our day in the mountains!

7 comments:

Auburn said...

I need me a good cowboy wedding to go to! Cute pics. I wish we had been able to go hiking with you all when we visited! Next year for sure!

Kristi said...

You are lookin' super skinny there chica! If I ever "renew my vows", it will be a cowboy wedding for sure! :o) That's so fun.

Carma Lee said...

That reminded me of when we hiked Donut Falls, I think it was 5-6 years ago - so pretty. How neat you're dong all these little outings. Kristi's right, you're looking GOOD!

Emilee said...

you are the hottest hiker i have ever seen! good fam pic too and kiddo pics also!

Chris & Breanne Coccimiglio said...

That wedding was really fun! I can't believe Kyson has already started Pre School! He is so Handsome!!! YOu do look sexy Wrong! Love ya lots...We missed you at Powell!

The Days said...

Friend, I would have to agree with Breanne, you are SEXY WRONG! Looks like fun. I am jealous of all your outdoor adventures!

Lara said...

too ADORABLE! I love the picture of Camree on the bench! and Kyky is such a stud! Did they play "cowboy take me away?"