Wednesday, August 5, 2009

GiRlS CaMp!

This is one reason I love girls camp, as leaders we get to act like girls again! I have to admit I was actually excited to go to girls camp and knew that we would have a blast. We got home from Lake Powell on Sunday night and I left for girls camp on Monday morning. Once I was home from Powell I was dreading packing and leaving again but it was definitely worth it. As leaders we had so much fun and are such good friends and our girls are awesome we didn't have any drama!
Lindsey, me and Kristen with our head lamps on after Lindsey finally figured out how to wear it the right way.
Getting ready to sing around the campfire. Brother Vincent came up and played his guitar and sang with us. It was so much fun.

The first, second and third year girls at the start of their hike.
The leaders.
All of the leaders from our ward. Corie, Lindsey, Kristen, Me, Korie, Teri and Carolyn. Carolyn is in the stake YW presidency but we still claim her as ours. Holly was the only leader that couldn't come due to a family reunion, we all missed her.
Girls camp isn't girls camp without a good old Snipe hunt!
Poor Alison sacrificed her face for the Snipe hunt.
Later that night it was time for s'mores! Megan still has toothpaste on her face from the snipe hunt.
These little chipmunks were all over our camp. They weren't afraid of us at all and would come super close to get any food. They remind me of Pip in Enchanted. I had to take a picture to show Kyson.
Me with my Mia maids, Whitney, Megan, Sidney, Abbey and Shantel. We missed Lora, who had drill camp and Holly, who had a family reunion.

The whole group. Hannah, Anna, Natalie, Korie, Natalie, Whitney, Corie, Theresa, Megan, Whitney, Abbey, Shantel, Sidney, Me, Lindsey, Abbey kate, Alison, Mckel, Kelsy, Lexi, Kali, Elise, Kristen, Sarah, Robin, McKenzie.

I am so glad that I got to go to girls camp this year. I feel like I get closer to the leaders each year. How can you not when you stay up until 3 or 4 am in the morning talking every night! Yes we were all exhausted when we got home. But when do you get the chance to do that NEVER, only at girls camp! We also grew so much closer to the girls. They were awesome and wanted to hang out with us the whole time. We are so lucky to have the girls that we do. I can't count how many times we said that up there. All in all girls camp was a success and I can't wait for next year!

6 comments:

Auburn said...

Yeah! So glad you had fun. I am sad I didn't get to go to our girls camp this year, but I'm already excited to go next year!

Carma Lee said...

Girls Camp is one of my most fond memories both as a girl and as a leader. Glad you have a great time!

Chris & Breanne Coccimiglio said...

Oh fun! I miss that! Look liked fun!:)

Angelle said...

It looks like you had a blast!!! How fun your girls and leaders all get along so perfectly!

Kristi said...

Makes me want to be in YW. Bad. :o)

brooke said...

I miss YWs soooo much. Seeing posts like this doesn't help. Camp is such a blast--so much work but soo much fun.