Saturday, August 22, 2009

No Mom Allowed!

A couple of weeks ago Rob took the kids to a father and kids camp out with our ward. Yes, my husband is wonderful and even took Camree, which he would later regret. I talked him into it because we were having Sarah's bachelorette party that night and I didn't want to have to take her. The kids were so excited to go. I asked,"Are you guys excited to go camping?" Camree replied,"Ya with Daddy not you Mom!" I had to laugh. I helped them pack and they were off all smiles! Rob said Kyson was a little pyro and stayed right by the fire where he could throw anything and everything in it. Everything went smooth until it was time to go to bed. Rob brought his lap top, put a movie on for the kids and they were both out. He thought he was golden until Camree woke up an our later and would not go back to sleep! Poor guy! I checked my phone the next morning and had 5 missed calls and several text's telling me to come and get Camree! Oops I never heard my phone but I have to admit I am kind of glad I didn't so that I didn't have to go get her in the middle of the night! They survived and one good thing came of it, Rob never wants to take Camree camping again. That means I don't have to go camping!
The kids the next morning. I told Rob when he left the only request I had was to get a picture of the three of them together. You can see how well he listens. Considering the hellish night he had I guess I will let him off the hook this time! The kids loved it and I am so glad the they have such a good Dad!

7 comments:

LaNell said...

It's good for dads to be on their own sometimes with no easy bailout. As far as never taking Camree camping again: dream on. It won't be long till he decides she's older and it will be different, and it will! So get working on that loving camping feeling, ha ha.

J.R. said...

The kids look like they had such a good time. Good sport Rob for taking them both even if Camree was a little stinker during the night.

Auburn said...

ha ha! Poor Rob. What a nightmare. My kids never sleep while camping until they are like three.

Emilee said...

good for him taking her...and hun, camping is not that bad! ;) cant wait to "chat" on saturday!!

brooke said...

That was so nice of Rob to take her. I saw a trashy looking kid in a hat in the background of one of your pics and then realized it was my kid. oh well--at least they were camping.

Carma Lee said...

Way to go Rob!!! Remember how you feel about all your camping memories when you start to think "No way." It was hard and tons of work for us, but I don't regret any of it. You have such happy feelings and memories. Don't deny your kids the same R&C. They'll thank you someday! In fact, just think about the happy (and forget the fussy) faces you've already seen on those little cuties of yours when camping and you'll realize you've been thanked.

Kristi said...

Poor Rob. Argh. But I'm glad your party went well! :o) (Kidless).