Thursday, October 16, 2008

Football in the Fall!

There is nothing better than watching football in the fall! I have grown up going to the BYU games since I was a little girl. My Dad loves sports and since he never had any boys he started taking Sarah and I when we were little. We love football and probably know more about it than most men. I would take a football or basketball game any day over a Broadway play or ballet. I know call me crazy, but what can I say I love to watch sports! I guess we had to be the boys my Dad never had. On Saturday my Dad, Sarah, Rob and I all went to the BYU game. It was a little cold (34 degrees with the wind chill factor) but we bundled up and had a good time. Thanks Mom for watching the kids so we could go. I have so many fun memories of going to the BYU football games. Sarah and I even ran onto the field when BYU beat Miami( the national champs)! We were only 10 and 12! My parents almost died when they saw us out there. We would dress up in BYU gear with pom poms in our hair and even got to sit in our own seats in the cougar cub section. We thought we were so cool! Thanks Dad for all the wonderful years of memories and for developing my love for football!

When Rob and I were first married he wasn't a big sport's fan, but he has grown to love it like me! Go Cougars!

12 comments:

Emilee said...

you look so cute in that last pic!
i have NO clue you even cared about BYU! i guess we can still be friends... ;)

Rob-ness said...

BYU is average...Go Utes!!!

Shane Meredith Mason and Kendall said...

glad you remember me :) We did have some fun times together!
So, you are still in Utah..
we are STILL in Arizona. I would love to move back to Utah, but after being here 20 something years, I think Im here to stay. I dont love it..AT ALL..but both sides of our familys are here..so here we are!
your kids are so dang cute. How old are they?

talk to you soon :)

Lara said...

you look like a babe! how did those ugs treat you?! Oh, seeing you go to the games brings back memories! I went all the time while I was going to the Y. If we ever move there again, then we'll for sure get season tickets!

Kristi said...

I totally remember that Miami game! I was not fortunate enough to go to it, but I remember watching it on TV, and my sister and her husband ran onto the field after! So fun! You and Auburn both. I thought I knew a thing or two about sports, but I have realized it is just the basics I know...

Chris & Breanne Coccimiglio said...

Go Cougars! Love all the fun games...too bad not we don't have enough tickets so we all can go together.

The Days said...

Go Cougars! Looks like fun minus the cold weather!

Hey, dinner this Thursday at Gateway (CPK) at 6! Call me!

Grant and Alli said...

Oh Dear Corinne! I don't know where to start?? hmmmmmmmm.. The best part about being 8 and 0, is the chance to going 9 and 0!
GO UTES!!!!

J.R. said...

So ... I'm guessing you guys didn't run on the field after that game last Saturday. (Go Horned Dogs!)

The score:
Texas Christian 32, B.Y.U. 7

No, I'm not a TCU fan but, I'll root for anybody on the other side of the field from BYU.

Hey I couldn't resist giving you a hard time :)

J.R. said...

One more dig ...

What was TCU ranked?

I can't help it. BYU fans were becoming way too obnoxious.

michelle said...

I'm so sorry you had to go to a BYU game! Go UTES!!! You know I love ya!

Susanne said...

You are so cute and I love the tribute to your Dad. I am sure he is proud!